I am incredibly lucky to have met and married my best friend and what a crazy adventure we have been on!
We have laughed and cried together, tried new experiences, learnt new skills, travelled the world…well some of it, renovated houses, tried lots of alcohol, adopted fur babies and embraced challenges. Our biggest and most rewarding adventure has been bringing up our family together.
Family life gave me a multitude of roles - Secretary/Mediator/Financial Controller/Housekeeper & Chef to name a few. These roles were salaried by love but led me in good stead in my career in the Hospitality Industry.
Working in a variety of roles I found my niche within the wedding sector. I loved being surrounded by all the happiness, romance and sparkle of the wedding world! I have worked at some stunning venues including Country Houses, Barns and even a Castle.
I helped hundreds of couples tailor their perfect day, but they couldn’t really personalise their ceremony, in my opinion, the most important part. I then watched a Celebrant led ceremony and was blown away by how bespoke it was and knew instantly this was something I wanted to do.
I completed my 1:1 residential training and gained a diploma in Family and Funeral Celebrancy with the UK Society of Celebrants. I spent a number of very busy years offering ceremonies alongside my full time job, loving every minute getting to know so many wonderful couples.
I then had a life changing moment when my Mum sadly passed away suddenly. Through the hard times that followed I realised with clarity, that life really is too short. I wanted to concentrate on the things that I am passionate about - my Husband, family, friends and the job I love so much, life celebrations.
Over time I have changed my work life balance and now work full time as a Celebrant and spend as much time doing all the other things in life that I love.
I am loving this new chapter in my life. The last gift from my Mum was giving me the courage to do it.
Some facts about me…..
- I’m a big dog lover and our pampered Mini Schnauzer plays a big part in our life
- My favourite colour is teal
- You can catch me watching a good series, such as Peaky Blinders/Narcos/Killing Eve/Ozark (I deffo have a type don’t I?!). But then I do love a Disney film - Little Mermaid being my top watch
- I love a good G&T (My absolute fave is Brockmans with Mediterranean tonic)
- I love to travel - my favourite long haul destination has to be Thailand (I even got married there!) and love a weekend break to the Norfolk or Suffolk coast
- Three things I have to have in my suitcase - Tiger Balm (mosquito’s love to dine out on me!) Anti frizz serum. Travel guide - I like to get out and explore the place I’m visiting
- I would prefer to buy a candle rather than clothes
- I adore buying cushions , you can never have enough right?! (and I get very irritated watching my darling husband flinging them across our bedroom every night to get into bed!)
- I met the Queen, who asked me what my name was, “Nichola” said I, “What’s yours?” she found this very amusing. I was only six at the time!